The Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) is a part of the DAAD’s scholarship program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.”
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation.
DAAD is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art)
Please also refer to the brochure for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” for more information. Where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, assume that the stricter requirement will be applied.
You are eligible for the DAAD scholarship for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” if you fulfill the following formal requirements:
- You hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- You received your latest degree no more than six years ago.
- You have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (university staff and academics are generally not taken into account). To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if you have completed the two years by the time the program starts in October. In any case, the experience must have been gained after the completion of your first university degree.
- Your English test scores meet the MIPLC requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications, we have to apply these criteria very strictly. If you do not fulfill them, you will not be considered for the DAAD scholarship. However, you are still welcome to apply for admission to the MIPLC, provided you fulfill the MIPLC admission criteria
- The scholarship recipient(s) will get a full tuition waiver from the MIPLC.
- The DAAD will pay the scholarship recipient(s) a monthly stipend of EUR 750.00. As a rule, the scholarship additionally includes certain payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- In addition, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source.
- Furthermore, the DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance. Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC LL.M. program.
- The scholarship does not cover additional costs, e.g. your enrollment fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich.
To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows:
- Please refer to the DAAD program brochure 2017/18 and read the information carefully.
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards, keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, the stricter requirements prevail.
- Apply for admission to the MIPLC (please refer to the How to Apply page).
- When you come to the end of the online application form, check “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance Application Form that opens automatically (please refer to the Financial Assistance Application Instructions).
- Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided.
- Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (please refer to the DAAD brochure; NB: the MIPLC does not require a research proposal). You only have to submit one copy of each document, even if a document, e.g. your CV, is required by both MIPLC and DAAD.
- Make sure that your file is complete, including all three application forms
(the MIPLC application form for admission; the MIPLC application form for financial assistance, and the DAAD application form for the scholarship)
and all the required documents. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Please note that we only need the original application package, no additional copies.
- Make copies of all application documents. If your are awarded the scholarship, you will have to upload electronic copies of these documents to the DAAD’s system.
- Send your application: Please submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country. Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by October 15 of the year preceding the program start (or July 31, if you are from Cameroon and therefore have to submit your application to the German Embassy).
Special Application Deadlines
You have to apply more than a year in advance.
For the 2017/18 intake, the deadline for applications is October 15, 2016. Your complete file with all required documents (this includes your English test scores) has to reach the MIPLC by this date. Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered for the scholarship.
Applicants from Cameroon have to submit their application file to the German Embassy in their home country. The deadline for applications is July 31 of the previous year, e.g. July 31, 2016, for the 2017/18 intake.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarship offers click here.