|Country of Study: Germany||Institution/ University: University of Erfurt|
|Application Deadline: June 15, 2018||Level of Study: Master’s Degree|
The Haniel Foundation provides financial support for excellent applicants to the MPP program at the Willy Brandt School of Public Policy. Up to 3 Stipends per year can be awarded (in 2018, 4 Stipends can be awarded).
The Haniel Foundation is an educational foundation following the Leitmotiv of the value-oriented entrepreneur. The foundation focusses on creating education opportunities, facilitating integration and supporting future leaders.
The University of Erfurt is a public university located in Erfurt, the capital city of the German state of Thuringia. It was founded in 1379, and closed in 1816. It was re-established in 1994, three years after German reunification
Scholarship Sponsor: Haniel Foundation
Scholarship Benefits: Haniel Stipends cover the costs of the tuition fees at the Brandt School for the two-year study period, i.e. €6,000, paid in four installments of €1,500.
Field/Area of Study:
Type of Award: Fully Funded
Haniel Stipends are awarded to applicants who demonstrate exceptional accomplishment and intellectual promise. Applicants should identify themselves strongly with the ideals and the mission of the Haniel Foundation and show how their own personal path intertwines with the foundation’s credo.
The prerequisites for applying to the Master of Public Policy program are:
- higher education entrance qualification (i.e. high school diploma, Abitur)
- college or university degree (Bachelor, Master, Diploma, state exam, etc.) equivalent to a German Bachelor’s degree with a minimum duration of 6 semesters
- first professional experience
- above-average grades or above-average professional performance
- analytical talent and pronounced interest in political problems
- very good English language proficiency ( TOEFL: Internet based test (iBT): 90 or above, Paper test: 577 or above. Please note: the ITP test can not be accepted; IELTS: 6.5 or above (for all categories – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) ; Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English : A or B)
- Candidates who received their degree from an English-language college or university are not required to submit proof of their English language proficiency in the form of a test score report. Instead, they must submit an official letter from their university stating that English was the language of instruction, all coursework, and all examinations
Instruction on Application:
If you want to be considered for a Haniel Stipend, please submit your completed MPP online application no later than June 15 (also valid for applicants with EU citizenship).
Indicate on your application that you want to apply for a Haniel Stipend and tell us about your reasons and qualifications in your statement of purpose.
In case of admission to our program, you will receive an additional application form for the Haniel Stipend which should be sent back to us via e-mail within two weeks after receipt.
Haniel Stipends will be granted on a competitive basis. The Admissions Committee will discuss all applications and will take into account various factors including academic record, strength of the written statement, and personal commitment, as well as your points of contact with the Haniel Foundation’s credo.
We will inform applicants by the end of July if they have been selected to receive a Haniel Stipend.
Please submit your application for the MPP online and make sure to read through the instructions provided on the application process carefully before submitting your application. The Admissions Committee can only consider complete applications. Please upload scans of the required documents to your online application profile.
The following documents are required for an application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Certified Copies of Diplomas, Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of your Passport
After receiving your application, we may ask you for further documents depending on your personal and educational background.