The Finland scholarships are aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year international Master’s programmes. The scholarship is for one academic year and covers the full international tuition fee.
In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
The University of Oulu is one of the largest universities in Finland, located in the city of Oulu. It was founded on July 8, 1958.
Application Deadline: 24th January 2018 for studies starting in August 2018.
University/institution of Study: University of Oulu
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Oulu
Country of Study: FinlandCLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN FINLAND
Level of Study: Masters Degree
The tuition fee is an academic fee and thus covers the costs of tuition. The tuition fee does not cover the living costs such as accommodation, meals, and transportation. All students are required to finance their living costs by themselves.
Field/Area of Study:
- Architectural Design
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Ecology and Population Genetics
- Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining
- Education and Globalisation
- Learning, Education and Technology
- Product Management
- Protein Science and Biotechnology
- Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment
- Wireless Communications Engineering
Type of Award: Full Tuition
Candidates are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2018-19, if they are:
- Non-EU/EEA citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland.
- Eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme at the University of Oulu for academic year 2018–19.
- The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education.
- The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in English language. Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies during the application period, can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
Instruction on Application:
There is no separate application for the International Finland Scholarships. All applicants for University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes need to complete the Student Application Form. Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship have to additionally complete the “Application for Scholarship,” which can be found at the end of the Student Application Form. The International Master’s Scholarship application form cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form.