Institution/University: Mo Dewji Foundation
Country Of Study: Tanzania
Level Of Study: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: September Annually
Applications are currently ongoing for the Mo Dewji Foundation scholarships. The Mo Dewji Foundation is offering full scholarships to high school students in Tanzania who are willing to undertake an undergraduate programme at the University of Dar-es-Salaam.
The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarships are provided to outstanding high school students planning to pursue higher education, which covers four years of undergraduate college.
The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship program is offered in collaboration with the University of Dar es Salaam and its aim is to create a community of passionate students and assist them in achieve their greatest potential.
The scholarship can be taken in Tanzania.
UK and EU students are eligible to apply for the Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship.
- The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship will be applied to the following expenses only:
- Tuition Fees = TZS 1,000,000 – TZS 1,500,000. This depends on the recepients academic program.
- Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fee, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books, and stationery allowance. A maximum amount of TZS 80,000 per scholarship recipient.
- Housing and meals allowance = TZS 1,500,000 per annum per scholarship recipient.
- The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship award is a non-cash award to recipient’s UDSM account as outlined on the scholarship application. The scholarship is offered annually.
To be eligible:
- The recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the scholarship).
- The recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- The recipient must at the time of application be very good and fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Recipient must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- Recipient must declare their intent with a major / degree program of his/her choice.
- Recipient must not hold any other degree
- Recipient should not any other degree from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
- Recipient must have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.8 on their A-Levels. This will be judged based on their academic transcript and recommendation letter by a teacher of the school.
- Recipient must demonstrate financial need and ensure to submit a written statement explaining need plus any available reinforcing narrative in the form of references that will be vetted by the committee.
- Recipient must demonstrate leadership potential as demonstrated in extra-curricular activities, projects, and/or duties upheld prior to commencing their undergraduate studies.
Duration of Scholarship:
The Mo Dewji Foundation scholarship usually lasts for a period of 4 years.
How to Apply
Make sure that you have all the required documents before applying:
- MoScholars Program application form
- Official un-conditional acceptance letter to UDSM
- Official secondary/high-school transcript
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential
You may download and complete the application form. Submit the form and all other application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org