The University of Sydney invites candidates who are eligible to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at this University to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS).
The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.The USydIS is open to all research disciplines; however participation in the USydIS program Research Period 2 and Research Period 3 are at the discretion of the Dean of each faculty. These Scholarships will be awarded in conjunction with the International RTP Fee Scholarship (formerly IPRS) for commencement in Research Period 2 (March), and in early April for commencement in Research Period 3 (July).
|Country of Study: Australia||Institution/ University: University of Sydney|
|Application Deadline: not specified (All year round)||Level of Study: Postgraduate Research (Msc and PhD)|
About Institution (s):
The University of Sydney is one of the top reanked universities in the world and Australia’s first University , founded in 1850. Ranked at the top 10 most beautiful campus in the world, the Universityof Sydney offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees in a wide range of programmes.
Sponsor: University of Sydney
The scholarship is open to all reasearch desciplines
The USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
Eligibility for the scholarship is based on a student’s course application.
There is no separate scholarship application form, to be considered for the scholarship you must submit an application for admission to your research degree
To be considered for an University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS), a student must:
- Read the selection process and Research Experience guide
- Download and complete the Research Experience Evidence Template according to the guidelines in the Research Experience Guide
Prepare an application for admission to your degree (see guidelines)
- Go to Sydney Courses and look up the research degree you applying for. Complete an application for admission for a research degree (e.g. Doctor of Philosophy).
- In the application form for admission, when prompted, ensure you tick the relevant section on the admission form “Do you wish to be considered for an Research Training Program Fee Scholarship or University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS)?”
- Upload all other required supporting and Faculty specific documentation for application for admission.
- Submit your completed application form.
* Please note: you MUST submit all required supporting and faculty specific documentation before your application is considered to be complete. For scholarship selection purposes, applicants must also submit Research Experience Evidence information. Please refer to the two documents under information for the RTP Fee Scholarship (International).