The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
|Country of Study: Canada||Institution/ University: University of Toronto|
|Application Deadline: November 7, 2019||Level of Study: Undergraduate|
About Institution (S):
Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is Canada’s largest university, recognized as a global leader in research and teaching. U of T’s distinguished faculty, institutional record of groundbreaking scholarship and wealth of innovative academic opportunities continually attract outstanding students and academics from around the world. Few other universities offer as great a diversity of programs and resources.
Sponsor(s) : Rhodes Trust
All undergraduate programs offered at the University of Toronto
Fully Funded Scholarship to cover tuition fees, cost of books and materials, accommodation, etc.
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counsellor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholars are students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, who are accepted as leaders within their school, and who have the potential to contribute to the global community in the future. They can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results by virtue of their breadth of interest, intellectual energy and impact on the life of their school and community.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2019
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2020 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.[NOTE: this participation application page is currently closed and will re-open in early September])
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2020 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 29, 2019
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 13, 2019 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2019 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2020