Institution/University: McGill University
Country Of Study: Canada
Level Of Study: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: December annually
Applications are currently ongoing for the fully funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at McGill University in Canada.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program assit talented young leaders from low-income backgrounds in their hunger for quality education. This will enable them access to world-class university education. 91 scholars from Sub-Sahara Africa will be welcomed for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program including 24 at the Master’s level. Most of the McGill, some Scholars are from French-speaking countries and will receive intensive English language training before starting their degree programs.
Level/Field of study.
The scholarship is hosted by the Mcgill University, Canada.
International students from sub-Saharan Africa countries.
This scholarship provides students with comprehensive support that includes the below:
- A full scholarship (school fees, living expenses, books, stipends, visas);
- Academic curricula relevant to growth sectors;
- Up to 1 year of English language instruction (if needed);
- Mentoring and counselling, including academic and social support;
- Service and experiential learning (volunteerism, internships); and
- Career counselling and connections to jobs in the scholars’ country.
91 Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa, including 24 at the Master’s level.
- You must be academically sound as the admission is competitive.
- Application for the scholarship must be your first.
- You must be a resident or citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country or a French-speaking country.
- You must have done exceptional things in your school or community.
- You must be a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
Below are programs ineligible for the funding
- Farm Management,
- Physical and Occupational Therapy,
- Music, and
- Programs from the School of Continuing Studies.
How To Apply
All applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship program must follow the below:
- Ensure to make available the online application and submit it to McGill university.The online application can be found at www.mcgill.ca/applying/apply.
- All applicants are exempt from paying the $107.50 application fee and must follow the special procedures.
- The below document should be read properly before beginning the online application as it includes all specific instructions to apply to McGill as a prospective Mastercard Foundation Scholar:
|Additional Documents required for the program is below:
The supporting documents for your MCF application (below), must all be completed and uploaded to McGill’s online portal, Minerva to be included with your application. Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Application Form
PDF Version – Application Form Validation of Financial Status Form
PDF Version – Validation of Financial Status Form Recommendation Form
PDF Version – Recommendation Form
Start applying by clicking on Online Application