Institution/University: University Of British Columbia
Country Of Study: Canada
Level Of Study: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: January annually
Applications are currently ongoing for the Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) to exceptional international students at University of British Columbia. This scholarship is mainly for undergraduate studies.
Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The scholarship award varies each year depending on the available funds.
The University of British Columbia is a higher institution established in 1908 and located in the city of Vancouver. It is the oldest city in British Columbia. The institutions first degree was awarded in 1916. The institution has only three faculties as at 1920 with the male students more than the female students. As at 1944, the institution has a population of 2974 and rose to 9374 in 1947 and this made the university facility not enough for the students so the management had to use the army and Airforce camps as classrooms.
In a recent year, 23 per cent of students at the Vancouver campus and around 13 per cent at the Okanagan campus were international.
University housing is guaranteed for first-year UBC undergraduates, and newly admitted international students who are second-year undergrads receive housing priority too. Housing is also available for returning undergraduate and graduate students.
What You Need To Know
This scholarship will be granted shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is available for undergraduate students who want to pursue their study in Canada.
University of British Columbia Scholarship for international students.
- Award being received will enable you join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders who enrich UBC with their diverse perspectives, involvement, and innovation.
- UBC offers a wide range of opportunities inside and outside the classroom – from co-ops and undergraduate research to clubs and study abroad – to round out your degree and help you contribute to the university’s thriving community.
- Be an applicant entering University of British Columbia directly from secondary or post-secondary school.
- Be an applicant (international student) studying at the university on a Canadian study permit.
- Show exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement
How To Apply :
Those who apply to the university by 15 January will be automatically considered for the IMES.
Scholarship Application Deadline