Institution/University: Selected Universities in India
Country Of Study: India
Level/Field Of Study: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: Not Stated
This is to inform all interested students from ITEC countries that the Indian government has announced the ITEC scholarship for the 2019/2020 academic year.Citizens of all ITEC countries can apply for this program. These programs enhance the experience, skills, and resources of host countries and provide a means of sharing critical skills and knowledge with the wider Commonwealth family.
The decision to implement the ITEC program was based on the underlying conviction that “it is necessary to build relationships of mutual concern and interdependence based not only on shared ideals and aspirations but also on solid economies.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is for a short-term training program.
Field of Study:
Training covers areas where there is a national comparative advantage and is carried out with resources located in the host country. There are 47 top-rated institutions offering 280 short, medium and long-term courses in seven broad categories:
- Accounts, Audit, Banking, and Finance
- IT, Telecommunications and English
- SME and Rural Development
- Specialized courses
- Technical courses
- Environment and Renewable Energy.
ITEC scholarships is hosted and taken in India.
Citizens of all ITEC countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina , Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Commonwealth of Dominica, Comoros, Congo, Cook Island, Costa Rica, Costa Rica ‘Ivory, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic,
Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, North Korea, Kyrgyzstan,
Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives Mali, My Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland Qatar, Republic of Sao
Tome and Principe, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, and the Grenadines, Sudan, South Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand,
Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen) and the SCAAP countries of Botswana, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya (Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Seychelles) Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Worth For The ITEC Scholarships
Participants receive the following benefits and facilities:
- Excursion/economy class air tickets for travel to the capital of the country participating in the training institute in India and back;
- Free Indian Visa for the duration of the course;
- Course fees – at the expense of the Indian Government;
- Accommodation provided by the Indian Government in a hostel/hotel, according to the institute. Participants must pay for the services they use, such as (a) room service, (b) laundry service, (c) local and external calls, faxes, etc.
- Housing Allowance @ Rs. 25,000/- per month and on pro-rata basis for a part thereof to meet expenditure on food, out-of-pocket expenses, etc. Compensation is calculated from the day of arrival until the day of departure.
- The subsistence allowance will be paid by the institute every week/every two weeks (at the discretion of the institute). Participants must pay for their meal with this allowance. If the institute makes arrangements for the meal, part of the grant will be deducted in advance by the Institute and the rest will be paid to the participants. Participants may want to spend a little more on shopping and other food needs.
- Book Permit Rs. 5000/ – Refunds must be submitted for the purchase of books and receipts based on price;
- Study tours as part of the curriculum to familiarize yourself with Indian culture and history (mandatory);
- The medical facility is for immediate and acute complaints in India. Medical reimbursement for chronic diseases is not allowed. Participants should have their own medications for common and chronic health problems such as diabetes, hypertension, etc. For regular/chronic complaints, all doctor’s consultation fees, medications, etc. will be the responsibility of the participants.
- If a participant needs special assistance during his stay in India, he must inform the mission and the institute before he leaves for India. Participants are advised to check with the Institute for the availability of the equipment they require.
Number of Awards
The Indian Government has awarded 30 places to participants from Commonwealth countries.
Eligibility for ITEC/SCAAP scholarships
For a candidate to be eligible for the scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be members/employees/ government officials, government, public/private, universities/schools, chambers of commerce and industry or non-governmental organizations to be eligible.
- Please note that for each course of the program, individual deadlines and eligibility criteria apply. Availability is limited, applications must be submitted as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and must be kept at least three months before the start date of the course you have chosen.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English.
How to Apply ITEC Scholarships:
To apply, please complete the online application form, the items below and send it to the Commonwealth Secretariat:
- Medical Certificate
- Evidence of proficiency in English
- Letter of endorsement from nominating ministry/department/agency.
The deadline varies depending on the ITEC India courses you have Choose