Every day brings a new experience at The Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center (KCPC)! KCPC is a maximum security state hospital that performs competency evaluations for persons in KY. This population is typically short-term and changes often; KCPC is the only forensic hospital in KY serving all 120 counties. Our Officer- to-Patient ratio is more favorable than most facilities: 4 Officers to 24 or less patients.
We are looking for Correctional Officers to serve as key members of an Interdisciplinary Team that includes Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Nurses.
Our ideal candidate is a team-player who has excellent judgement, attention to detail and is comfortable working longer shifts, as needed. The candidate is specially trained to monitor patient behavior in order to record their activities, mood, etc., in the patient’s medical chart which provides key information for the patient’s evaluator.
Skills and expectations for this position include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and participate in activities with patients while providing a safe, therapeutic environment; maintaining custody and control.
- Operate a control panel, perform rounds, escort patients, conduct searches and report count of patients.
- Actively participate in behavioral program planning and implementation while cooperating with all disciplines to achieve maximum safety and therapeutic benefit.
- Verbally or physically intervene as a team in hostile situations.
- Provide pertinent information for patient’s medical charts.
- Provide written reports on incidents and keep supervisors informed.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and be at least 21 years of age.
- EDUCATION: High school graduate.
- EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
- Work environment is hazardous due to working in a state correctional facility with convicted felons.
- Advertisement Closes: 10/15/2018 (8:00 PM EST)
- Salary: $2,343.90 Monthly
- Location: 1612 Dawkins Rd., La Grange KY 40031 USA