Institution/University: Leiden University
Country Of Study: Netherlands
Level Of Study: Masters
Application Deadline: February 2020.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Masters‘ degree programme at Leiden University starting September 2019 or February 2020.
Leiden University was established in 1575 and it is the oldest university in Netherlands known for its historic foundations, emphasis on the social sciences, and student-run societies. Leiden University has seven academic faculties and over fifty subject departments, while housing more than 40 national and international research institutes.
Leiden University, The Netherlands.
Level/Field of Study:
MA, MSc and LL.M programmes
Number of Awards:
This depends on the budget available for each faculty
All Non-EU/EEA international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
• € 10.000 of the tuition fee
• € 15.000 of the tuition fee
Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The LExS is only valid for the period the student is registered at Leiden University as a full time student within the time frame of the study programme.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a non-EU student enrolling to the institutions masters degree programme starting September 2019 or February 2020.
- All applicants must have gotten excellent study results relevant for the particular programme the student wishes to enroll.
- The applicants must be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad.
- The applicant must have a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Applicants who have already gotten the university’s masters degree will not be awarded the scholarship except for those applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory (the LLM advanced masters qualify as such).
- Those who have successfully gotten the scholarship must comply with the rules and regulations governing the institution attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
Firstly, you must apply online to Laiden University and the application must state clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship and upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page.
For all programmes starting in September 2019, the deadline is 1 February 2019 (except for Law programmes which has the deadline of 1 March 2019). For programmes starting in February 2020, the deadline is 1 October 2019.
You can get a detailed information on the scholarship by visiting the official link below: Official Link
The deadline for this scholarship program are as follows;
1 Feb/1 Oct 2019 (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Next course starts Sept 2019/Feb 2020