For the 2018/2019 academic year, the Leiden University is delighted to offer Oort Master Scholarships to suitably qualified international students. These Scholarships are awarded in the field of Astronomy. The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership
Leiden University, founded in the city of Leiden, is the oldest university in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, leader of the Dutch Revolt in the Eighty Years’ War.
Application Deadline: October 1 (for students starting in February) and February 1 (for students starting in September)
University/institution of Study: Leiden University
Scholarship Sponsor: Leiden University (Oort Master Scholarships)
Country of Study: Netherlands
[button color=”blue” size=”small” link=”http://p0n.d27.myftpupload.com/?s=Netherlands” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS IN NETHERLANDS[/button]
Level of Study: Masters Degree
The Oort Master Scholarships is for one year, with conditional renewal for a second year upon successful completion of the first year. For a full scholarship, the tuition fee for the Astronomy Research master’s programme will be reduced to the amount of the home fee and you will receive an allowance of up to €11,000 per year for living costs. Partial scholarships may also be awarded. The Oort scholarship is paid as a monthly allowance. If applicants stop your Astronomy mast
Field/Area of Study: Astronomy
Type of Award: Fully Funded
Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must be a student with a non-Dutch nationality
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in astronomy or physics.
- Applicants previous study results should be of outstanding academic merit
- Applicants have no other financial support (e.g. scholarships, grants) for Applicants master’s study
- Applicants are planning to obtain Applicants master’s degree in any of the following research specialisations: Astronomy Research, Astronomy and Cosmology, Astronomy and Instrumentation or Astronomy and Data Science.
International students from all countries are eligible.
Instruction on Application:
- Apply for admission to the Astronomy master’s programme through the online application system. Note that only applications that are completed before the deadline are guaranteed full consideration.
- Write a brief statement motivating why you satisfy the two conditions of a) outstanding academic merit and b) need for financial support. Make sure to include your full contact information.
- Upon submitting your application, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. The Board of Admissions will check your admission to the Astronomy master’s programme and your application for the Oort scholarship. Within a month after the submission deadline, you will be informed about the outcome.
[button color=”blue” size=”small” link=”http://p0n.d27.myftpupload.com/” icon=”” target=”false”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES[/button]