Full scholarship to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year.
Established in 2014, the Pershing Square Foundation awards up to five full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year.
You will also be invited to a spring ‘trek’ to New York City hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, where you can participate in meetings and workshops with leading innovators and change makers.
You will have the opportunity to attend prestigious conferences and events throughout the year, including the Ditchley Conferences and the Skoll World Forum.
|Country of Study: The UK||Institution/ University: University of Oxford|
|Application Deadline: January 2020||Level of Study: Masters|
About Institution (S):
Saïd Business School was founded in 1996, thanks to a generous donation from businessman and philanthropist, Wafic Saïd. Since then it has evolved to be one of the elite business schools of the world, embedded in the world’s top University, and aspiring to be a model of purposeful leadership. The school has a well-deserved reputation for excellence in a number of areas, including finance, entrepreneurship, social innovation, major programme management, digital marketing, tax and more.
Sponsor(s) : Pershing Square Foundation
1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year.
As a Pershing Square scholar you will receive funding for both your Master’s degree and MBA programme course fees.
The scholarship also provides at least £15,009 towards living expenses for both years of study.
Scholarships are awarded to individuals with:
- Academic achievement, demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements
- Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Strong personal character, integrity and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives
Highlight these attributes in your MBA application, scholarship essay and interview answers.
Eligible applicants (in order of priority):
- Applicants to the Oxford 1+1 MBA Programme
- Applicants who apply to any full-time one-year Master’s course that is not currently part of the official list of partner 1+1 MBA Programme; and to the MBA (as a separate application)
- Current Oxford students on a non-MBA course, who are applying to the MBA after the completion of their current Master’s/DPhil course (with no gap year(s))
Each of our partnering Master’s programmes has its own application form, deadlines and requirements. In order to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship you must apply to the 1+1 MBA by the January 2020 deadline.
When you submit your 1+1 MBA application form you will be asked if you would like to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship.
Submit an essay in your application form of no more than 500 words addressing this question ‘How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?’
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview with the selection panel.
IMPORTANT: You must follow the link provided to the official scholarship webpage for detailed information, application and other changes.