Institution/University: Selected Universities in USA
Country Of Study: USA
Level/Field Of Study: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: 5 March Yearly
Applications are currently ongoing for the McConnell Foundation Scholarship program 2019. The scholarship’s worth is $30,000. See eligibility and qualification below.
Addison Mitchell McConnell Jr is an American from Kentucky, born on the 20th day of February 1942. He is currently married to Elaine Chao and blessed with three children; Elly, Porter, and Claire. He is a politician who in history, is the longest in service in US’ Senate.
His political career began in 1984 and so far, he has bagged a reputation as a highly skilled strategist and tactician due to his roles in the regimes of Barrack Obama and Donald Trump.
McConnell’s first marriage lasted from 1963 to 1980 and his three children are the products of his first marriage. He later married his second wife who was made the secretary of transport by president Donald Trump.
During her election, which she racked a greater percentage of votes, her husband was present. McConnell is a Republican who drastically changed and embraced extreme obstructionism as he was always in the forefront of those who fought to make Barrack Obama’s reign, difficult by rejecting his nominees of judges for the supreme court and advocating for a one-term office of the former president (Obama) among others.
It is said that he gloats in that speech which he made publicly and said it’s one of the best decisions he took in his entire political career. He was also not initially in support of Donald Trump but only supported him after his candidate steppes down and fellow Republicans gave Trump, massive support.
Though he made Trump his chosen candidate, he never hesitated to voice out strongly on occasions he didn’t support or agree with Trump’s decisions.
He is said to be very tactical and strong in politics that while some people believe he was just being political and trying to remain ‘trendy’, others believe that his change in certain beliefs was influenced by a conscious change of mind which culminated overtime in his long stay in office.
In his political career, he effectively and efficiently served in various offices, committees, groups all geared towards the continuous growth and development of the United States of America and he can unapologetically, be called a very successful man in political matters whose name has been created in the sands of time and would never be forgotten.
What you need to know about the McConnell Foundation Scholarship Program
The program is a social investment that enjoys its dividends through a remarkable trait all the scholars have, though they may tend to showcase it differently, which is giving back sincerely for the betterment of others. This is to say that when they eventually become successful in their chosen fields and as individuals, they help others succeed thereby bringing sustainable growth and development in the affairs of the nation.
The foundation envisions a Canadian nation where the wellbeing of everyone, both indigenes and non-indigenes will be made better through the advancement of the economic and social systems. It seeks to bring out the in-depth creativity of people and organizations from all sectors by supporting in the best ways possible.
The foundation is located in Redding, California.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship program can only be registered for, by qualified candidates who fall under any of these categories:
- Brilliant students with outstanding performance
- First in their families to go to college
- Peopled who emerged victorious without allowing their problems take a better part of them
- People with self-respect and integrity that positively command influence on their younger ones and in the community.
- People committed to giving back to their society.
- The program also caters for the physically challenged students, the Homeless, People in foster care and very poor homes, who have shown outstanding commitment in the course of serving others.
The financial support may be used by students in institutions that are accredited, regionally.
In institutions that are non-profitable
In institutions that do not discriminate based on race, gender, color, sex identity, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, pregnancy, disability not related to the requirements of course of study etc, as protected by law while hiring, admitting or offering services.
In institutions with the physical presence that offer the majority of their courses in person in the United States of America
Scholarship can be taken in the USA.
The McConnell scholarship is only eligible to USA students
The scholarship program offers varieties of support: financial, mentoring and conferences.
- They support students with thirty thousand dollars($30,000) in their pursuit for academic excellence and annually, students have access to about seven thousand, five hundred dollars ($7,500) which the balance can be rolled over to the following year if unfinished which may last for six years. And with the remaining cash, students can also register for a higher degree.
- Dave Tanner, the program’s officer offer mentoring services by providing advice and support to the beneficiaries throughout their academic experience as he makes the general wellbeing of every student, his priority. He does this because of his interest in how the college can transform, grow and affect students in their aspirations and search for identity. Therefore, he shows more concern in their strengths and helps them embrace and reconcile their talents, aptitudes, and interests with their academic goals.
- Annually in the second weekend of August, beneficiaries both past and present, gather for a three-day conference which is organized by the students, themselves. The conference focuses on new things they desire to learn and comes with workshops centering on fitness and nutrition, studying abroad, finding internships, managing stress, being wise in spending, among many others. The conference while equipping them with information that would help them thrive after college, also helps them develop a network of friends and peers that would support one another and stand the tests of time.
Eligibility for McConnell Foundation Scholarship Program 2019
The application for the McConnell Scholarship program 2019 is open to all who falls under any of these categories:
- Students that reside or attend high school within the service area in places like Mordor, Trinity County, Lassen County, Humboldt County, etc.
- Students who in the fall term of the next academic year will freshly resume in a college or university and those who might not have bagged a bachelor’s degree.
- Students who will resume at a qualified college or university such as community colleges (public) like Shasta college etc, state universities in California campuses, public, and many private universities within the United States of America.
- Those whose Expected Family can contribute eight thousand six hundred dollars ($8,600) or less.
- Those who have not been convicted of a felony or who have dutifully served out their term.
- Those who are not directly related to any board member or community volunteer.
How to Apply McConnell Foundation Scholarship
Follow the steps below to apply for the McConnell Foundation Scholars Program
The McConnell Foundation Scholarship Programs application process opens online every year on November 1st.
You can create an account and start filling out the application at that time.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act Application are available starting the first of October for the following academic year.
You may complete and submit your McConnell scholarship application once you have received your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA website or Dream Act Student Aid Report (DASAR) and uploaded it to your scholarship application.
It usually takes three business days to receive your SAR or DASAR after submitting your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application. The McConnell Foundation Scholarship Programs application is always due on March 5th at 9:30 pm Pacific Standard Time. No applications will be accepted after that time for any reason, including the Internet or computer problems.
After you have successfully submitted your application, the eligible persons will be allocated to various reading groups to be read and ranked which is done by atleast three trained community volunteers.
Scholars can begin to register for the scholarship program on or around the 1st day of November, every year and applications expire on the 5th day of March, the following year.