Institution/University: University of Strathclyde
Country Of Study: United Kingdom
Level Of Study: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: 31 July, 2019.
Applications are currently ongoing at the University of Strathclyde for its University of Strathclyde Excellence Scholarship For Students. This scholarship is mainly for new undergraduate students admitted to the University in the current academic year and achieve AAB or above at A Level or its equivalent.
The University of Strathclyde was established in the year 1796 with rich history of teaching and innovation. Located in the center of Glasgow, Scotland’s largest city. The University remains committed to research, teaching, useful learning and employability.
As well as an award-winning Careers service there is close engagement with industry through industrial placements for students and research facilities such as our £89m Technology & Innovation Centre, opened by The Queen in 2015.
This facility is transforming the way academics, industry and government work in partnership in energy, health, sustainable cities, and manufacturing.
We are in the UK’s top 20 universities for research intensity according to the Times Higher Education’s analysis of REF2014. Strathclyde has a triple accredited Business school (AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS) and one of the largest and best-equipped Engineering faculties in Scotland. In autumn Strathclyde will open a new £31m sports facility and is starting work on a £60m Learning and Teaching Hub.
Strathclyde was named Times Higher Education Business School of the Year 2016, Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2013 and UK University of the Year 2012.
The University has a vibrant international community with students from over 100 countries and is investing £650m in its campus over a decade.
What You Need To Know
The campus is in the center of Glasgow which is one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic cities and a good base for exploring Scotland. Glasgow has excellent transport links and, with two international airports, is a one-hour flight from London and a short trip from the beauty of the Scottish Highlands.
The scholarship is to be taken in the UK.
Scholarships are open to local students.
Undergraduate students who are paying a tuition fee of £9,250 per year and achieve AAB or above at A Level (or equivalent) will receive £1,000 in each year of study at the University.
- Undergraduate students who enter the University in the current academic year and achieve AAB or above at A Level (or equivalent).
- Applicants who have the first degree from a recognized university and academically talented, disadvantaged based on the criteria of disability, socioeconomic status.
- Applicants who are not engaged at work at all or have been engaged at work but couldn’t cover their study expenses.
- Applicants with financial difficulty to finance graduate university education.
- Applicants with leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
How To Apply
- Before the end of September, eligible students will receive an email to their University of Strathclyde email address telling them they will receive the award
- The email will include the payment dates and how it will be paid to you.
- 6th November 2019
- 5th February 2019
- 8th May 2019 Payment of the scholarship will be made in 3 termly installments. (you will be asked to supply your bank details in the award email)