Institution/University: Selected Universities In USA
Country Of Study: USA
Level/Field Of Study: Undergraduate
Application Deadline: July Annually.
Applications are currently been accepted for the Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarships designed for exceptional, Pell-eligible, minority, high school seniors. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation offers various scholarships for international students. The foundation offers many other opportunities apart from the university-based scholarships. The scholarship is available to study or conduct research. It is in form of International scholarships, fellowships or grants is offered to students outside the country where the foundation is located. Interested students are strongly advised to apply early for this scholarship as late applications will not be processed.
Having the belief that all life has equal value, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is committed to helping people to lead healthy and productive lives. It focuses mostly on developing countries and help improve people’s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out to f starvation and extreme poverty. The foundation also aims to ensure that all people in the united states, especially by hose with fewer resources have access to Tue opportunities they need to succeed in school and in their live. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is led by CEO Sue Desmond-Hellmann and co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett in Seattle. the main reasons for the foundation is to globally enhance and reduce extreme poverty, and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology.
Level / Field Of scholarship
The Scholarship is open to high school seniors to undertake an undergraduate study in any field of their choice. Students who are ready to pursue a full-time four-year degree program at the accredited, non-profit, private or public college or university.
International students are eligible and it is awarded to 300 top student leaders every year in order to promote their academic excellence.
Qualified students will receive the following benefits:
- Provision of funding for fees not covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
This scholarship is open for international students. A beneficiary of this award must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be from at least one of the following ethnicity: African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- Be Pell-eligible
- Be a US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Have a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at the US accredited, not-for-profit, private or Public College or University.
An ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent academic record in high school making him among the top 10% of his/her graduating class
- Good leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Excellent personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How To Apply For The Bill And Melinda Gates Scholarship
To apply, please apply via the website https://www.thegatesscholarship.org/sign-in. The first stage is to create an account by the given link